Chicken Hariyali Recipe
Preparation time: 10 – 15 minutes
Tandoori oven* cooking time: 15 minutes at 160 degrees
Oven cooking time: 20 minutes at 150 degrees
Serves: 3 people
- Boneless Chicken Breast (500g serving 8 pieces)
- Salt (1 tea spoon)
- Garlic & Ginger paste (1 table spoon)
- Fresh Lemon juice (2 tea spoon)
- Natural Yoghurt (2 ½ table spoon)
- Fresh Mint leaves (handful)
- Fresh Coriander (handful)
- Green Chillies (4-5)
- Oil (2 table spoon)
- Cumin powder (1/2 table spoon)
- Coriander powder (1/2 table spoon)
- Garlic gloves (4-5)
- Marinate the chicken with salt, Garlic and ginger paste with fresh lemon and leave for 30 minutes so the chicken becomes tender.
- Now with the rest of the ingredients mix it together in the blender so it becomes a thick paste.
- Once formed into a paste marinate the chicken and the paste together until covered.
- Now put the chicken into the tandoori seek and cook the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Our Hariyali Chicken Tikka is now ready!
- Remove from the Tandoori Oven and serve hot along with some tangy chutney and sliced onions.
If you do not have access to a Tandoori Oven, you can use a standard home oven to the cook the chicken. Your home oven must be at 150 degrees and cook for only 20 minutes.
This recipe is brought to you by our award winning chef Ashok Ram.